Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4/21/2010 Canada!

My sister Karen and I have a quest to go to all the Canadian provinces. I've done British Columbia on my own (twice--once with Dr. Mari and once with Rodney) plus I went to Sherbrooke in Quebec for a business trip. Karen's been to Quebec on her own, and we did the Canadian side of Niagra Falls when we were kids (1963?). In June 2005, we began the quest in earnest. I had a consulting job in Ontario, so Karen flew up and we toured around for 3 days before I gave my training sessions.

It's April Break for me and we're having an early spring up here in the north Atlantic--it just seems right: we're going to three provinces! Karen flew into Bangor, Maine and I met her at the airport. We drove to Calais (which is not pronounced the French way of "cal-lay" but the Mainer way of "cal-lis") and crossed the border there. In planning this trip, we learned of the "Atlantic" Time Zone which is one hour ahead of Eastern time. In this McDonald's (on the American side), they must have a lot of people going back and forth between the two time zones.

No comments: