Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Daddy's Quilts (1/6/2015)

Today was my last day in Albuquerque. Wowser. it was hard. It was such a great visit with my mom...19 days of fun and precious time together. I had an evening flight so we stopped at Musical Theatre Southwest on our way out of town and I got to see the quilts. For most every show this group has put on, the cast and crew got a t-shirt with the logo and dates of the show on it. The group had a big pile of t-shirts and didn't know what to do with them and they came up with this quilt idea. When our family's dear friend Mr. Thompson passed in November of 2013, we inquired as to a specific item we could donate in his honor and they said the money to make one of the quilts. So we did. And when Daddy passed in February of 2014, a group of friends did the same thing. Between the two sets of donations, there was enough money to pay for three quilts and to have plaques made honoring these two men who were such good friends with each other and friends of the theatre. I'm glad I got to see them and with my mom.











No comments: