Thursday, May 29, 2008

5/29/08-9 Tinker Cliffs

More gorgeous scenery on a beautiful day. Today is Judy's birthday and she was getting phone calls and text messages wishing her happy birthday (yes, you can get cell phone reception on the AT). Cathy, whose wedding is day after tomorrow, was overheard ordering 250 cocktail napkins for the reception on her phone. Betsey took client calls when they came through. Last night, she even took one while "in the woods". If only her clients knew how much she loved them. I on the other hand, did nothing digital the entire time except for taking one photo each day on my iPhone and emailing it to my Facebook. I didn't even check email on my iPhone. This was a true get-away-from-it-all vacation for me.


According to Betsey's log we got to Tinker's Ridge at 3:07 and left at 3:30 with just a last bit to go. I can't remember if these photos were on Tinker's Ridge or not. But they're definitely us on Thursday afternoon taking a break at one of the many beautiful spots on the AT.

At some point today, Fizz passed us by. She slept in this morning but was able to catch up and pass us. hmmmm. When she got to where we were she told us that she knew we were up ahead because she hiked for 30 minutes listening to our laughter. I guess sound really does carry.

No comments: