Monday, May 26, 2008

5/26/08 Crab Quesadilla

After we got home from the concert, Steve and Cathy took me to dinner at my favorite restaurant in their area, Taqueria Poblano. Cathy and I went there last summer when I was in town for the Girl Scout 95th Birthday Singalong. I could still remember the crab quesadillas. :-P Normally, a true Texan would not eat Mexican Food or Tex-Mex outside the borders of The Lone Star State, but we don't get crabmeat in our quesadillas in Texas and I remembered how yummy everything was. We arrived there only to find that crab quesadillas were no longer on the menu. However, crab tacos were listed on the specials board and Cathy asked if, since they already had the crabmeat ready for the day, they could make a special crab quesadilla just for me. And they did! MMmmmmm . . . good food, good friends, and a margarita. What more could one want?

After that, we went back to Cathy's house and I went to bed. It had been a very long 3 days with 2 very short nights of sleep.

No comments: