Tuesday, July 31, 2007

ME: 7/31/07 Goodie Bag #2

Mileage: 619.4 oh my goodness! We missed the 534 mile mark for our next Julie gift! As soon as Martty thought of it, I reached back behind my seat where the bag of goodies is sitting and said, "Whatever I touch first is the right one." The bag had a box of Nestle Sno-Caps, a.k.a. nonpareils—basically semi-sweet chocolate chips coated in tiny white pearls of sugar. Yea! We got the melty one! It wasn't too bad. There was one big clump, but as soon as we pinched the box, the clump broke into its appropriate pieces, so all is well. We called Julie to thank her and tell her that we found the melty one but she told us there's one more that might've melted. I hope it's next! I asked if we should open the next one at 534+267 and stay on schedule or 619+267 to keep the time between gifts equal. She said we should average the distance, take the square root, and look it up in a logarithm table to calculate when we get to open the next one.

No comments: