Tuesday, July 31, 2007

ME: 7/31/07 Cookie Easter Eggs

You have to first know that hiding Easter Eggs (empty plastic ones, fortunately) is a favorite pastime of choir friends. I think more have been hidden in my house than any of the other houses combined, but we do spread the wealth. I unearthed many Easter eggs during the "Pack and Purge" . . . under a dresser, behind a piece of artwork on the wall, inside a potpourri pot, behind some books on a bookcase, etc. There were some that I suspect were recently put there . . . as in Dr. Mari stopped by to see how I was doing and hid some new ones . . . but I have no proof of that. It's always fun to find an Easter Egg. Sometimes it's a reminder of the lack of attention to detail in my housekeeping skills but usually it's a reminder of what fun friends I have.

Melissa told me she likes to bake cookies for people leaving on trips, but she didn't have time to do that for this trip. So instead, she was just going to buy some. She asked what flavor and I told her that Vanilla Wafers were always good on a trip. She got all excited because she actually had a box of those in her pantry. They were the miniature ones that seemed even more appropriate somehow for a trip.

Somehow, the box tipped over in the car. Only a few spilled, or so I thought because the box still seemed quite full. But now I keep finding mini Vanilla Wafers in odd spots. This morning I went to get the cord out of my computer bag and there was a handful of cookies in a side pocket. It reminds me of finding Easter Eggs.

No comments: