Tuesday, July 31, 2007

ME: 7/30/07 Good timing . . . or bad timing

As we were driving north on US 75, I noticed 3 helicopters in the air to the east. That seemed unusual. Then we heard all kinds of sirens on the southbound side of the freeway. Hmmm, they must be related. Then every few minutes another police car would speed by on the southbound side. We knew something big must be happening, so we turned on KRLD. Sure enough, the top news item was continuing coverage of a police chase that had been going on for over an hour. It started in Garland, went north on 75 to McKinney, then south on 75. We heard the live coverage of his exiting near Campbell Road where two police officers threw down tire spkes (or whatever the right name is) that blew out his tire when he drove over them. He eventually stopped his car between Harrigan's and "a law office" (Kondos and Kondos) . . . that's right by my house. That's the exit I take coming home from UNT. Wow. Praise God I left when I did so it wasn't going on when I was still home and that we left late enough that we weren't caught up in it when the guy was northbound on 75. Shwew.

No comments: