Tuesday, July 31, 2007

ME: 7/31/07, odometer: 20411

in Nashville, 10 gallons at $2.76 gal = 33.5 mpg

I rarely get mileage this high. Yes, it's all highway mileage, but in Dallas, almost all of my driving is highway. But wait, I'm carrying a L O T of extra weight. Isn't that supposed to make your mileage worse? Marty said it was "consistent" highway driving. I bet that's the key. I don't have cruise control and I don't drive at consistent speeds, even when the highways are pretty empty. And according to people that ride with me (ask my Girl Scout troop girls) or drive behind me (I'm not allowed to drive in caravans with the Church Chums or on any choir trips), I slow down whenever I'm telling a story. I guess that makes a difference in gas mileage, huh? But Marty's driving, she drives consistently, and we're getting great gas mileage!

No comments: