Tuesday, August 14, 2007

ME: 8/4/07 on the boardwalk

After dinner we decided to try to find an ice cream place. We finally did. It was Nick somebody's with a long Italian name. We ordered our ice cream and ate it on their very nice patio outside. The line got very long after we got our ice cream. Good timing.

After that we walked on the boardwalk. We walked all the way down to the end and then turned around and went back towards the car. There was a funny light on the ocean and we turned around to look at it. It was an incredible moon rise. It was only a half moon, but it was half of a harvest moon. It was big and it was orange and it was beautiful.

I took some photos, but they didn't turn out. I hope the ones Marty took, did. She was wishing she had a tripod and in the car, I had a cute portable one that Karen had given me for my birthday after the Christmas when Mother, Daddy, and Karen gave me my digital camera. The tripod was a hit! Marty loved it and I think her photos turned out. Can't wait to see.

That morning we called and canceled our reservations at a hotel in the Philly area. At one point we were kind of hoping to get to see Kathy and Steve Sunday morning but we knew it was a slim chance, so we took the risk and decided to stay in New Jersey a second night. Right about now, we were really glad we made that decision. We'll catch Kathy and Steve another time.

No comments: