Tuesday, August 14, 2007

ME: 8/5/07 11:00 pm trip odometer: 2,595 miles

Houston, we have landed! We pulled into the driveway of my home for the next 3 years. Before we could even get to the porch, MRM* and RBF** pulled up behind us . . . they had been to the 9:00pm $5 movie. There was great rejoicing and hugs all around. We only unpacked our "hotel gear" and would wait to unpack the rest of the stuff later.

Wow. It was so easy and so fun! Praise God for Marty and all our friends along the way or it wouldn't have been. We're already making plans for "The Return Trip" when Marty comes back in 3 years to pick me up. We're thinking of chartering a bus, inviting lots of friends, and taking a month. Wanna come? ☺

Start making plans to come visit Maine. The guest room is Marty-approved. And start making plans to join us on the bus trip in 3 years, too!

*MRM = My RoomMate
**RBF = Roommate's BoyFriend
These terms started in my other blog, "Life with the Mainiacs." I stopped writing in that blog while I was in Dallas. (Hello! I wasn't hanging out in Maine with Mainers, Mainiacs, Locals, and/or Persons-From-Away.) But now that I'm back, I'll be writing again, so check it out: http://mainiactheresa.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hmm...that'll be...the summer before my freshman year of college! Wow, that's scary to think about. I might be busy, but I think I can squeeze in a month-long bus ride! I know I'd love to come. It would be quite a fun trip, almost like a month-long party! I like that idea! ;-)