Saturday, June 6, 2015

Sunrise at Two Medicine Lake

We were ready to leave our hotel at 5:00am. Oh my goodness! These better be great sunrise photos! We thought we had missed sunrise because it was already light before we left the hotel, but false alarm, there's just a long dawn here. Since we had scoped this out last night, we knew right where to go. There was nobody here when we arrived. We had the place to ourselves. 



But even with last night's scouting, the two photographers scurried to find just the right location and angle for the big event. 
 



This piece of rock looks pretty dull (or it's in "flat light" as Rodney would say), but wait and watch what happens as sunrise approaches.





I was attempting to do my own time lapse photography by staying in the same place and shooting the same picture every few minutes. Then I realized you could see the moon as well, so I shifted my angle a little to get the moon. But keep your eye on the big rock. 





 Isn't that cool? And of course, the fact that it's reflected in that calm lake water is even better. Yep, this was worth getting up for.

No comments: