Monday, August 8, 2011

8/8/11 Denver Bound

Planes, trains, automobiles, and buses. Off on a great adventure that will include all 4 modes of transportation. First off: An auto from Farmington to Augusta, now a bus from Augusta to Boston, then a non-stop plane from Logan to Denver. Woo hoo!

I arrived safely at Logan Airport in Boston on time. The ticket counter line was packed and slow (I think there were 50 people in front of me who had never checked in on an airline before, or at least they acted that way). My flight was an hour late leaving. I'm glad it wasn't any later than that because we are getting up EARLY in the morning to catch an Amtrak train from Denver to Glenwood Springs, CO.

On board my flight, I used one of the many Southwest Free Drink Coupons that get issued to me whenever I get a free ticket, but which I rarely use. I'm not driving when I arrive, so why not?! Look how cute this tiny bottle of Bailey's is.

This has nothing to do with my trip except I've never seen a Tornado Shelter in an airport before, or at least not one that was labeled. This was obviously an after thought, but I still find it interesting. Just in case Denver gets a tornado. ;-)

I'm not counting this as my train for the trip, but it is a short train ride. Actually, it was a long train ride as I arrived in the last possible gate (#49) in the last possible terminal (C) at Denver's airport. But it's still short compared to tomorrow's train ride. :-)

Can you guess what this is? Hint: It's in the baggage claim area at Denver's airport.
Yep, it's a special baggage conveyor just for skis and golf clubs (mostly skis) that have been checked as baggage. Not something you see in most Texas airports. Actually, I've rarely seen one in any airport before.

No comments: