Thursday, June 16, 2011

6/16/2011 Houston

Houston! We are getting closer.

R E A L L Y big flags outside of Houston. We saw about 4 pairs of these big ones and lots of little ones. It's so great to be in Texas--the only state that's allowed to fly its state flag at the same height as the national flag. :-)

On I-10 heading north out of Houston where the shoulder (break-down lane) can be used as an "Evaculane" in case the city has to evacuate for a hurricane. I guess this is the international symbol for Evaculane.

I'm not sure the difference between this plain white symbol and the blue and white one, but they both are marking the Evaculane. I'm glad they had this painted every mile or so. It took several tries to get these shots. I wanted them without the antenna in the way, but that didn't happen!

This must be the result of the disaster of Hurricane Rita evacuation--a classic case of locking the barn door after the horses were stolen.

No comments: