Monday, June 13, 2011

6/13/2011 Welcome to Greenville SC

What a great little airport! This is my first time to fly to Greenville . . . it may even be the first time I've been to Greenville. I know I came to SC in 1964 when our family took a 6-week trip to the New York World's Fair (and a lot of other places along the way) and I went to a conference in Charleston for SITE for work in 2010, but I don't think I've been to Greenville. You know you're in a small airport when there are only two baggage carousels. :-) But it's a beautiful airport and you know instantly you are in the south. Look how gorgeous, lush, and green everything is out the big window. What a great first sight of the city.

When you get outside, you discover it's not a facade, it really is that beautiful here. On the left, you can see that big "picture window" from the outside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, where are you ladies now? It has been two days and no updates?

TexasTheresa said...

Okay okay okay . . . I'm trying to keep up. Sadly, Facebook is much easier to update than the blog. However, I do like the permanence of a blog. I'm trying to get better. :-) Thanks for the encouragement.