Monday, June 13, 2011

6/13/2011 KMOve

My sister, KMO, is moving . . . moving on to a third career after retiring first from the Navy and then from EDS (now HP) . . . and moving from Richmond, VA after 15 years to Austin, TX. And I helped! She asked me to help her drive the 22-foot U-Haul with the car in tow.

So here I am in Greenville, SC at the Holiday Inn--our rendezvous point. She's on the road, driving the first 7 hours on her own. (Greenville is a Southwest Airlines city and on the route from Richmond to Austin . . . cheaper and easier than rendezvousing in Richmond.) Mindy, the Wonder Pup, is with her. The three of us will share the bench seat in the front of the diesel truck for 16 hours of driving.I don't know yet how many days we will take. In fact, I'm not even sure what route we will take!

Our cousin texted KMO last week, "You and Thelma be careful on the road!" That makes her Louise.

So here's to the adventure!

No comments: