Thursday, April 24, 2008

4/24/08 Planes, Boats, and Automobiles

I drove nearly 6 hours, took a ferry, and took a plane to get to this year's family reunion in Fort Lauderdale. It probably wasn't the most direct route, but it actually makes sense. I drove north from Long Island to Manchester, NH in order to fly south to Fort Lauderdale. But this way, when I get back on Sunday night, I only have a 4 hour drive back to Maine and not a 10 hour drive.

Check out how close the ferry is parked to the edge of the dock! I'm glad I don't have to try to park that thing! I got to the pier 18 minutes before the boat pulled out. I picked up my ticket and got to the top deck before the boat pulled out this time. I'm such an experienced ferry traveler now (this is my 4th time in 7 months). But this was my first time to be on top when we left the dock. Guess what, Lindsay--they do a 3-point turn (or a Y-turn) to get out of the dock--that's a form of U-turn!

IMG_0571.JPG

No comments: