Friday, May 17, 2013

The Journey Begins...

You'd think sitting in the Boston airport at 6am waiting for my flight to Denver would be the beginning of the journey, but in fact, it started more than 24 hours before that. Wednesday night, I stayed up late packing but got up at 4:00am in order to pack the car and get on the road by 5:15 in order to be in Bangor, ME by 7:15am for the big MLTI conference. The exciting day with over 1,000 7th-12th graders and their teachers from across the state, plus my teacher preparation colleagues from 6 universities in Maine finished around 3:30. Then I drove two hours to Portland for a 7:30pm appointment at The Apple Store. After dinner and some errands, I took a little nap at the Concord Bus Terminal and caught the 3:15am bus to Logan. NOW I'm here and there's a 50-minute delay on the flight.

My flight did take off at the re-appointed hour and arrived 4 hours later as re-scheduled. Thank goodness it was a non-stop cuz now it's time to pick up my rent car and drive 5+ hours to Grand Junction.

The good news is, I always get to see the art work of my former UMF colleagu, Chris Lavery whenever I fly into Denver:


And I had beautiful weather on a gorgeous day with incredible scenery to make the time fly pretty quickly.

I finally arrived in Grand Junction at 6pm, ending the start of this journey after 39 hours. I was soooo tired of sitting!

No comments: