Tuesday, June 17, 2008

6/17/08 Flying over water

I was so excited that my flight from Dallas to Manchester on Southwest was a direct flight. I knew that meant I wouldn't have to change planes and I was certain we would stop at least once. I never bothered to find out how many stops or where they were. Turns out, this flight goes Dallas to Houston to Tampa Florida to Baltimore to Manchester. I flew over or "next to" water almost the whole trip! What I never anticipated was that I never got off the plane . . . no chance to eat airport food or go to a real bathroom. I was on that plane from 9:45am until 7:10pm. I did sleep a lot. In fact, I slept right through the landing and take-off in Houston. I was sitting next to two men when I left Dallas and when I woke up, I was sitting next to an older couple. It was a very odd sensation.

No comments: